Coping with Depression, Mania, and Bipolar Disorder
If you are here, things are probably not right in your life because of depression or mania or bipolar disorder. Or perhaps you are seeking information because someone close to you is bipolar. Or maybe you feel something is wrong and you are looking for answers or information.
You are not alone. A lot of us have gone through what you are experiencing.
I can trace back hints about being bipolar as far back as my teenage years. I also survived 15 years before I was diagnosed, and I've now spent over twenty years learning to cope with the mood swings.
These are my experiences along with practical suggestions on how to cope with depression, mania, medications, coping mechanisms, and dealing with family and friends. All described in detail and in plain English.
Take the time to explore, because psychiatrists and counselors and psychologists might know what the mood swings are, but they don't live it, and that makes all the difference in the world.
Depression - Symptoms, Meds, Coping
Mania - Symptoms, Meds, Coping
- ALL the Articles about Mania
- Thirty Symptoms of Mania
- Knowing when you are becoming Manic
- Dealing with THIS Manic Episode
Drugs and Therapy
- ALL the Articles about Drugs and Therapy
- Should I take the medications?
- Epilim (sodium valproate)
- Seroquel (quetiapine)
- Wellbutrin (bupropion)
Family, Friends, Relationships
- ALL the Articles about Family, Friends, Relationships
- Relationship Falling Apart? Do NOT Give Your Partner Space
- Children and Bipolar Disorder. What to look for.
- Your Friend had a Depression Episode. What do you say next?
Diagnosis and Doctors
- ALL the Articles in Diagnosis and Doctors
- Good Reasons to Visit a Psychiatrist
- Just diagnosed as bipolar. Now What?
- Is my diagnosis is correct?
General Bipolar Life Issues
- ALL the Articles in General Bipolar Life Issues
- Books / Reading for Bipolar Persons
- We Need a Safe Space
- Bipolar Disorder and Sports
My Bipolar Diary
- ALL the Chapters in the Bipolar Diary
- Chapter 1: Why I went to the Psychiatrist in the First Place
- It Got Worse in my Forties, Fifties (new : 2 Sep 19)