My Bipolar Diary
This is the Real Stuff !!
It's a journey of hope, despair, longing, annoyance, fear, winning, and sometimes just sheer tiredness. Read this if you think you are bipolar. Or if you have just been diagnosed and want to know what to expect. Or if you just want to see what someone else has gone through.
After I was diagnosed, I wrote down all my daily thoughts and feelings for six years, from 1997-2003, while I struggled to cope with being bipolar. It's goes from diagnosis to relative stability, and was a blog before blogs even existed.
The Diary is the soul of this website, and I've been told many times that there is nothing else like it on the web. You'll be surprised how similar the Diary is to your experience. The dates are old, but the problems of being bipolar don't change.
- Why I Went to a Psychiatrist in the First Place
- Taking Medication for the First Time
- Taking Medication, Take Two
- Stable and Reflective
- It’s OK to be Depressed
- Just When I Thought I was Stable
- Lives of Quiet Desperation
- A Day in the Life of a Manic Person
- Here I Start Again…again
- Been There, Done That, Got a T-shirt
- Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life for the Next Two Weeks
- Life is Boring
- OK, Maybe Not So Boring
- Trying to Stay on Medication
- No Motivation, Alas
- Love is a Healer
- Not Enough of a Healer
- Tales of Far Away
- No Sleep is a Bad Idea
- Crash and Burn
- Running on High Octane
- Cycling Downhill and Trying the Brakes
- Cycling Uphill and Trying the Brakes
- Today is ALWAYS the First Day of the Rest of My Life
- Being Normal
- Relationship Problems
- Planning One Week Ahead
- Depression and Prozac
- Being Stable Daily
- Breaking Up is…Confusing to Do
- How Do People Live with Normal Emotions
- Taking On a Race Or Not
- Losing My Identity
- Do I Want to Get Better?
This is the end of the first phase of the diary.
- The Price of Clubbing
- My Desk is Getting Clearer
- Starting Back Up....
- Bad News and Good News
- Experiment 15 Jul 12 (Day 1)
- Experiment 16 Jul 12 (Day 2)
- Experiment 17 and 18 Jul 12 (Days 3 and 4)
- 2013 and all that
The 2019 and forward stuff
- It Got Worse in my Forties, Fifties (new : 2 Sep 19)
Since the Diary was written, I've become more knowledgeable about being bipolar, and about drugs, and mania, and depression episodes, and dealing with doctors. Check out the other sections of the website for more specific information.